Friday, August 15, 2008

Blogger in Disguise

No, I really don't have a mustache*. Long story about the Groucho glasses.

Many years ago, some friends and I were taking our semi-annual trip to the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana. For you non-genealogists, that library has a huge genealogy collection, second or third to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Since my chances of ever making that trip to Salt Lake City seem to dwindle as the years go by, I try to avail myself of the resources at hand. When we lived in Michigan, that trip to Fort Wayne was just a little over 3 hours and for several years, the twice yearly trip was well-planned and eagerly embarked upon.

One year, we discovered that one of the local genealogical societies would be making a one day trip there during our stay. Since we were familiar with many of the members of that tour, and hoping to avoid recognition (snicker) I bought some sets of Groucho glasses/nose/mustache and passed them out to my co-conspirators .. er .. fellow researchers.

Yes, we played hard on our trips, but we also researched like crazy. I still have my glasses. Maybe it's time to take another trip to Fort Wayne!

*The avatar was created using Portrait Illustration Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment