Friday, September 26, 2008

I know Things are Slower Here

When you move south,one of the hardest things to get used to is the pace. As a northerner born and bred (should that be the other way around??) I was used to the rapid pace of walking, shopping, driving, decision making. Here in the greenest state (except my lawn) in the land of the free, the pace is .. a .. lot .. slower!

I mean really, just how slow can a human being move? It makes you feel like you are moving at double speed in a slo-mo film!

I've noticed over the last few months that DH and I have also started to take things slower. At least since the move into the house.

But that does't explain the fireworks tonight. Not even Tennessee can be that slow to celebrate Independence day. Oh wait a minute .. home game for Tennessee Tech .. I forgot the shoot off fireworks when they win!

As Emily Litella would say - Never mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment