Not much is new around here lately. I've done no crafting since making up desktop (that's PC desktop) calendars for the rest of the year and of course, working on the family history.
However, my DH and I have been working on some organizational projects. The first one was to reorganize our storage shed so that we could redistribute some of the stuff that doesn't need to be in the garage taking up space. Then we moved on to the storage room, and removed one of the two shelving units to its new home in the shed, ready and waiting for some of that garage clutter. I removed some floating shelves that I had hung last year. Really, I think floating shelves are a gigantic waste of time and money. You really can't put much weight on them. After removing those, patching and touch up paint was in order. Then, we had to remove the drawers in the dresser in the garage (a former part of DH's old bedroom set) and move that into the store room. That and a folding table will comprise the craft part of the storeroom.
Thursday afternoon, we took delivery of the tool bench - the reason for all this shifting - and it is now proudly in its new home in the garage. We're still waiting for the small Rubbermaid storage shed we bought to arrive. That is taking some of the lawn care stuff that doesn't need to be kept to hand - like the spreader. We also have some stacked stone left over from the construction of the house that will fit in a couple plastic milk crates and can be kept in the small shed and not take up valuable real estate in the garage.
Later today, I am hoping to get the six foot shelf I bought hung up on the craft side wall of the storeroom. Then I can set about setting that room back up and actually have some craft space!
I promise I will post pictures as soon as possible!
Copyright 2011, ACK, for Generational