Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pleasant Surprise & Thirty Years Ago


The other day, older daughter received some mail here. Usually it is junk, but this time it was a post card reminding her that her cap and gown photos were available for viewing. Yes, it is getting to be that time and she will be collecting that degree in less than two months. It's been a long time coming, but she has worked hard to get there. Younger daughter and I have managed to talk her into walking on graduation day. We may be sorry about this as it is held indoors and May in Tennessee can be quite hot!

And today is the thirtieth anniversary of my first date with DH. I can't believe it was that long ago. A little while ago, DH and I shared some reminiscences (get your mind out of the gutter) and I recalled how shocked our mutual friends were because of our vastly different personalities. I don't think they thought it would last. Our first date was a wedding of bowling teammates of DH. They divorced within two years of their marriage, we are still together. That first date was the first time we were taken for a married couple. I told DH if it happened 3 times it would have to become fact. Second time was a couple weeks later and third time was when my younger sister was with us! Happy First Date Anniversary, DH!

No comments:

Post a Comment