In the spirit of the holidays, I have lifted this holiday meme from Middle-Aged Woman over at Unmitigated. Since she swiped it from someone else ... well, it is sort of like a gift that keeps giving!
1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Driving around and searching out Christmas lights. Central Tennessee doesn't get into the spirit like southeastern Michigan.
3. When do you put up your tree?
I used to put it up when hubby brought up the Christmas stuff from the basement. Last two years, it was kept in a storage facility when we had to wait for the alley in front of it to dry out so we didn't have to park in a crater of water. Now we have our own shed (alas, no basement) and after several days of rain followed by snow followed by rain, the stuff is in the house. It will be up this weekend, although I don't know why I bother as I seem to be the only person who enjoys all the hoopla!
4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
The first time I went out on Black Friday was two years ago and only because I wanted hubby to get me a digital picture frame for Christmas and wanted to make sure he got the right one. And he wouldn't go unless I did. I will never ever do that again.
5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home.
We stay home. The only place to head would be up north and I can live without the snow. Miss younger daughter at Christmas though.
6. What is your funniest Christmas memory.
My whole family (siblings) probably agree with this one - our dad falling asleep opening a present. Really.
7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time.
Ooh. There are several. Definitely White Christmas. Also Holiday Inn. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Love Actually (this one is creeping up in my ratings.) One of my new faves is The Holiday. I'm a sucker for Christmas movies.
8. Do you do your own Christmas baking, what's your favorite treat?
I used to. Better for the wasteline if I don't bake anymore. Chocolate mint snowtop cookies.
9. Fake or real tree?
Fake. Prelit! I hate hasslings with lights on a tree. Outside is something else.
10. What day (as a Mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
December 22nd when I was working. Now I have it in hand, generally.
11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas eve?
Nope. With at least one super snoopy kid, I always had to wrap them early and hide them. Even then we discovered we would have to use strapping tape on them to keep her out of them.
12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
I miss Christmas eve dinner at my sister, Diane's. We usually go home sore from laughing.
13. What Christmas craft do you like best?
14. Christmas music. Yes or No, and if yes, what is your favorite song?
Yes, but not on the radio. I love listening to Mitch Miller's Christmas Album and singing along. Probably White Christmas and the Christmas song, both of which I massacre!
15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
As soon as I figure out the stocking stuffers! Those are always the last things done. The rest of my shopping was done online.