Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Memories Suite, Version 3

You know how you mean to do something, but you have to complete step A & B first before you can do step C? That's how my week is going. On Monday, My Memories released version 3 of the best scrapbooking software ever!  On Monday, I eagerly awaited my upgrade notice. And waited. And waited. Because I am part of a select group of affiliates, it took a little longer. I finally received my cherished email yesterday, signed into my account and downloaded version 3. And started installing.

You know how things go wrong? Well, it looked to be a long install, so DH and I had lunch, did some Christmas shopping, picked up some last minute items at the grocery store. On the way home, I saw a competitor of our cable company and said to my DH "Uh-oh, looks like we're going to have problems with the cable." It always happens. Sure enough, got home to find that the download aborted because the connection was lost. So I clicked on the icon to install and after two hours it failed.

By this time, it was dinner time. We had dinner, I decided I was going to delete the file I downloaded and try again. File downloaded, install commenced and took 6 interminably long hours. I have cable modem, it should not have taken that long. Finally around 1:30 a.m. I opened my program. I. Love. It. It has some great new features and enhancements. The best new feature for me is the calendar one. I am going to delete my old Calendar Creator program, which has become so difficult to use. And I don't need it any more. I can do everything I did in Calendar Creator better in my MMS3 software without having to relearn the program every time I want to use it.

This page was created with MMS3 at 2 am. I wanted to get an idea of working with some of the new features and figured I should do a page for my DH's book. Shhh! It's a surprise!


A little birdie told me that on Cyber Monday, there are going to be some great deals in the My Memories Design Shop. Go here to visit the web site. If you don't already have an account with them, you can create one and save the items you want to your wish list.

Remember, if you want to purchase the program, please use my STMMMS code on the right side of the page and save!

Copyright 2011, ACK, for Generational

No comments:

Post a Comment