Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Message From a Zombie

All right already with the menopause. I thought I was over those disgusting symptoms/side effects of menopause. Last few nights I discovered I was not.

Here is discussion between DH & TennLady over the last week.

TL: Why are you wearing a sweatshirt?
DH: It's cold in here.
TL: Honey, it's 95 degrees outside and 77 in here. It's not cold.
DH: Yes it is. Can we turn the thermostat up a degree or so?
TL: No, put another sweatshirt on.

Many years ago when I was great with second child, during one of the hottest springs and summers that I could remember, with no air conditioning, I swore I would never be without it again. Of course, it didn't help that I had gained 60 lbs and people frequently asked how many babies I was carrying in there. It was awful. Oh and I was chasing a two year old around that summer too! After the birth of second child, it was if the weight and heat of the world had lifted.

So here I am 26 years later having already experienced menopause, when it strikes again. Hot flashes, sleepless nights. So now I ask:

Why can't hot flashes occur when its cold out?

3 comments:

  1. sorry i caused trouble :-)

    some things just don't change....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm picturing Scarlett O'Hara..."As God is my witness, I will never be without AC again!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are so gonna be that OLD LADY ON THE BUS MAKING US CLOSE ALL THE WINDOWS BECAUSE SHE IS COLD EVEN THOUGH IT IS 97 DEGREES OUTSIDE!

    HA!

    Love you, by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete