- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags whenever possible, because, essentially, I hate to wrap.
- Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. And it is prelit. Makes it easier for me to assemble.
- When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving, managed to retrieve the stuff from storage yesterday before it rained - huge pothole in front of our storage unit.
- When do you take the tree down? New Year's day or the weekend after. Depends on hangover.
- Do you like eggnog? My dad made terrific eggnog when we were kids. It was spiked and we got to drink it!
- Favorite gift received as a child? Probably worst and best Christmas. Got the doll crib and doll I asked for, but a couple weeks before Christmas saw them through the basement window when I went to see what my older sister and brother were up to. Older sister really tried to convince me they were for our cousins, which I bought, until Christmas morning.
- Hardest person to buy for? Husband. He tells me months ahead of time, neither of us can remember, so I go to plan b, which is either gift cards or something I think he'd like. When I am all done, then he comes up with several good ideas.
- Easiest person to buy for? Me.
- Do you have a nativity scene? I have several. I have a Fontanini set, which is huge. I have a bear set and I don't think I ever got the snowbuddy one I wanted. I also had a miniature one I kept on my desk at work. Gave to my former boss, as she always threatened to steal it from me.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.Sometimes they are really late.
- Best Christmas gift you ever received? This is a tie. Last year I wanted and received a digital picture frame. I love it. Many years ago I got a laundry basket, all wrapped up with individual presents wrapped up inside it. Included were a gold and pearl necklace and earrings to match. I loved it and still my favorite thing to wear.
- Favorite Christmas Movie? I have several I watch every year - White Christmas, Holiday Inn, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, One Magic Christmas. Those are of course preceded by my favorite Thanksgiving program -WKRP in Cincinnati Thanksgiving show where they drop turkeys on Cincinnati - As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly!
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? If given good ideas starting in October.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fruitcake. Really. Used to get the best ones at Damman's Hardware.
- Lights on the tree? Yes. Prelit.
- Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole as sung by my friends Jan, Linda and myself. None of us can carry a tune.
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. However, DH and did go away the day after Christmas one year to Frankenmuth. Loved it.
- 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yeah. If I sing it.
- Angel on the tree top or a star? A Bow.
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
- Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas decorations going up before Halloween.
- Favorite ornament theme or color? Glad someone got mom & dad's ornaments. Way to go MAW. I have a snowbuddy theme (little snowmen/women that are white with pastel blue trim.
- Favorite for Christmas dinner? Anything I don't have to cook.
- What do you want for Christmas this year? Younger daughter to come for Christmas? DH and I want to add to our video collection with seasons 2 and 3 of Dr. Who.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
I borrowed from Middle-Aged Woman over at Unmitigated