Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Meme

I borrowed from Middle-Aged Woman over at Unmitigated

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags whenever possible, because, essentially, I hate to wrap.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. And it is prelit. Makes it easier for me to assemble.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving, managed to retrieve the stuff from storage yesterday before it rained - huge pothole in front of our storage unit.
  4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's day or the weekend after. Depends on hangover.
  5. Do you like eggnog? My dad made terrific eggnog when we were kids. It was spiked and we got to drink it!
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably worst and best Christmas. Got the doll crib and doll I asked for, but a couple weeks before Christmas saw them through the basement window when I went to see what my older sister and brother were up to. Older sister really tried to convince me they were for our cousins, which I bought, until Christmas morning.
  7. Hardest person to buy for? Husband. He tells me months ahead of time, neither of us can remember, so I go to plan b, which is either gift cards or something I think he'd like. When I am all done, then he comes up with several good ideas.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? Me.
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have several. I have a Fontanini set, which is huge. I have a bear set and I don't think I ever got the snowbuddy one I wanted. I also had a miniature one I kept on my desk at work. Gave to my former boss, as she always threatened to steal it from me.
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.Sometimes they are really late.
  11. Best Christmas gift you ever received? This is a tie. Last year I wanted and received a digital picture frame. I love it. Many years ago I got a laundry basket, all wrapped up with individual presents wrapped up inside it. Included were a gold and pearl necklace and earrings to match. I loved it and still my favorite thing to wear.
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have several I watch every year - White Christmas, Holiday Inn, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, One Magic Christmas. Those are of course preceded by my favorite Thanksgiving program -WKRP in Cincinnati Thanksgiving show where they drop turkeys on Cincinnati - As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly!
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If given good ideas starting in October.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never.
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fruitcake. Really. Used to get the best ones at Damman's Hardware.
  16. Lights on the tree? Yes. Prelit.
  17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole as sung by my friends Jan, Linda and myself. None of us can carry a tune.
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. However, DH and did go away the day after Christmas one year to Frankenmuth. Loved it.
  19. 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yeah. If I sing it.
  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Bow.
  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas decorations going up before Halloween.
  23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Glad someone got mom & dad's ornaments. Way to go MAW. I have a snowbuddy theme (little snowmen/women that are white with pastel blue trim.
  24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Anything I don't have to cook.
  25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Younger daughter to come for Christmas? DH and I want to add to our video collection with seasons 2 and 3 of Dr. Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment