Friday, November 28, 2008

Post Thanksgiving

As I sit here and ponder Thanksgiving leftovers, I contemplate on how satisfying turkey day actually was. I got to feed some of my family, and some of them even liked the stuffing - which was a first.

I can understand DH not liking stuffing - his Polish heritage really didn't lend itself to turkey and stuffing, but mine was totally turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It always made me wonder which planet my kids came from since neither liked our traditional family stuffing.

Even though I knew what I was up against, I prepared my family's traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Dinner was a big hit and totally worth cooking it myself with no help from the stuck-in-Michigan-Mashed-Potato-Queen.

So yet another thing to be thankful for - besides the kitchen big enough to prepare and cook all this stuff and still have another person in there with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment