Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's a Small, Small World.

NO, I am not at Disneyworld. As I typed my title, I was reminded of that long ago trip to Disneyworld with the family and waiting to go on THAT ride with our 8 year-old and 6 year-old daughters. Over and over and over that song was played. Ack!

The small world I am referring to though, is the genealogical one. It is really kind of scary when you start finding relationships to your friends, your friends' husbands, your husband's relatives and people down the street. Well, the last one is an exaggeration. All that when we were living in an area close to where DH and I grew up.

Older daughter, now no longer that cute little 8 year-old, but a grown woman of 29, works with someone who has a tenuous connection to one of our lines. Her connection is to Nancy Hanks, Abraham Lincoln's mother. Our connection is to Mary Todd, Abe's wife. OD came for dinner and asked if I could bring up a chart that would show how she was related to Mary Todd Lincoln. Done and printed and sent to her friend. Anything that will spark that interest in the family history is a good thing. Someone has to appreciate all this work I've done over the years!

2 comments:

  1. i appreciate it and the many many many many cemeteries we were dragged to over the years.

    ReplyDelete