Friday, May 29, 2009

Rain and Other Excuses


DH and I have been trying to work on some landscaping in our yard and keep running into road blocks. The first is the rain that we've been getting every single day. It either rains all night, making it too soggy to work outside or it rains when we want to go outside and work. This is after all, Tennessee, and I don't really want to work in the heat of the day.


Over the past week, the new road block is the mother robin sitting on her hatchlings. Since her nest is in the elbow of the downspout right where we want to work, it makes it difficult. I don't want to keep her from nurturing her hatchlings. I just want them out of there. At this point, I can't wait for them to fly off and then her nest is going bye-bye!


This afternoon, DH and I looked at a couple nurseries for a shrub for the backyard near where this bird has nested. We've found some interesting possibilities. Now if those birds would just fly away!

1 comment: