Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Day!

I remember as a kid waiting for a snow day. I think I can remember maybe 3 total. Kids here in mid-Tennessee get a snow day when it threatens to snow.

So last night we got an inch of snow, and school was cancelled for today. This is the second time school has been cancelled for weather reasons this term. This is actually the first real snow day as we got a whole inch of the white stuff. It is rapidly melting and dropping from trees, and I can now see the green grass below it.

When school is called off because of weather, the first place to really feel it is the grocery stores. Everyone feels it is necessary to rush into Kroger, Walmart, and Food Lion to clear the shelves because they might be stuck in the house for four hours or so. It is un-freakin-believable! And so laughable to someone from Michigan.

I have to go now and restrain DH from going out and actually buying a snow shovel. At least he has given up trying to convince me we need a snow blower!

No comments:

Post a Comment