Monday, April 27, 2009

Summer Anyone?


Ok, summer it seems is starting early this year! Whew. And of course we picked this weekend to start our landscaping project in front of the house. We took a small area between two trees and planted a birdbath, bird feeder, some hostas and a couple of azalea bushes out there. We haven't mulched yet, as I am hoping to put down pine straw. DH is a bit iffy on it, but I feel pretty safe saying I will probably get my way.


Anyway, this is what it looks like now.

Some of the hostas are from Michigan and made the trip down last June when the Wild Ones visited!

I'm sure DH wants everyone to know how hard we worked - and we did. Digging up sod around trees is hard. Finding a place to transplant it was my job. It doesn't look that big but it was a 10 x 15 area. The birdbath is in the shape of a flower and stem. The birds are happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment