Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sometimes Things Come Together


Well, outside of the weather, looks like things are looking up around here.


Wednesday evening, despite the computer turmoil, I managed to make a delicious dinner of roasted red potatoes and grilled chicken.


Thursday, finally was able to purchase the pine straw we wanted for our landscaping. DH thought I was nuts when I told him a 14" x 14" x 28" bale would cover a 50 square foot area. So we bought 3 bales, keeping in mind that about one-third of our landscaping project was tree trunk. We ended up using two bales out front which left the third bale around the deck. I still have some left.

Today - actually starting around 4 am, we started getting some much needed rain. Someone can now turn off the spigot please. It's keeping the birdbaths full and I am enjoying my bird station out front from my office. Now I just have to find a book on Tennessee birds!
Also today - DH picked up his repaired recliner before the storms hit. It is STILL raining here and I fear the feet will develop webs again. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking landscaping! Can't wait to see it when the hostas fill out.
    Keep us posted.
    karen

    ReplyDelete