Thursday, June 16, 2011

Playing With Stuff!

Since it seems that I've finally mastered the fine art of sticking myself for self-testing for blood sugar, I thought I'd play with the trial Photoshop Elements 9 program I downloaded before my 30 day free trial is up.

For the most part, I am really happy with using my Scrapbook Factory Deluxe except that I've found a source of digital files that I really, really like - Digital Scrapbook Experts Collect-a-Kit!

I started late in May collecting the daily downloads and soon discovered if you emailed their tech support, they would send you the links for the previous daily downloads for that month! And did I say these daily kits are *FREE*? May's kit was "Star of the Show" and there were some really cute papers and embellishments, but the June kit - Bikes, Trikes and Unicycles, just caught my fancy.

The first thing was to see if I could work up a digital page from these different digital elements. To me it can be highly frustrating learning a new program especially since most programs suck with their documentation. Even the tutorials promise one thing and then stop short of actually showing you how to do what they said they would!

Over the past ten days I have been periodically opening up PSE 9.0 and trying to build a scrapbook page. Finally, I did it. I used the CAK Bikes, Trikes & Unicycle paper number 8, the fabric strip, the rivets (which I masked and split into two different sets) and the journaling block. For the title, I used PSE's text tool. Click on the image to make sure you see the background paper! I love it.


Copyright 2011, ACK, for Generational

No comments:

Post a Comment