Sunday, September 7, 2008

Is It Fall?

Seriously, it has been in the upper 80's to mid 90's for so long, I've forgotten what cooler weather felt like. Yesterday we got a taste of that!

For the first time in ages, we didn't hit 80. In fact, we didn't even reach 75. The air got turned off, windows were opened, the front door screen was opened and we soaked up the cool air. there was a beautiful breeze out of the north yesterday and the humidity finally dropped a bit. This was good news for our recently stained deck as it had finally dried enough to replace all the furniture and the grill. If I never have to lift another grill up steps, that will be a very good thing.

This morning I looked forward to another cool crisp day. I opened the blinds to find dense fog. Blah. It does seem to cloak the world in a soft quiet though, and that is nice. A few more days like this and DH and I can get some outdoor work done! Now that will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment