Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Diary of a New Knee - Part 5 - MEDS

Yes, Percocet is my friend. It's gotten me through some very rough times in the last 9 days. Having said that, I'm taking less of it every day, which makes me really happy. Mostly it is necessary prior to therapy sessions. Those of you who have experienced major replacement surgery get this. Our therapists aren't hanging around to hurt us, but to help us get our mobility back. And believe me, that is what I really want.

One of the things I learned in the hospital, was how to inject a blood thinner into my abdomen on a daily basis. This is not really a very pleasant experience and I only have two more nights to self-inject. After that, I'll be taking a dose of aspirin to continue to help fight blood clots. Wow, I am looking forward to that.

Copyright 2008-2012, ACK, for Generational

No comments:

Post a Comment