Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Traditions

What more appropriate kit could I use for this week's My Memories Blog Challenge, than a Christmas Traditions kit I picked up on the Blog Train. This particular kit, "Sugar Plums" by designs by Krista really tickled my fancy. I love the colors of this kit and who wouldn't love that cute little gingerbread boy peeking out from behind the gifts?

Since most of my family's traditions center around food, I almost didn't enter this challenge. Then I took a look at the stockings hung from the mantle and knew I had my "tradition." You see, this is the first year in many years all the stockings and stocking holders have been in the same place. Our oldest daughter moved away from home and down to Raleigh, North Carolina in 2004. That year, I decorated dollar store stockings for her, her roommate and our younger daughter. Those are the large stockings on the left, which already came with embellishments - I only had to put their names on with foam letters and puffy paint. Their stocking holders - a kitty - Mandy - and a dog - Max were named for our former pets. The stockings on the right are mine and my husband's. I have wanted to get him a new stocking for years, but he loves his Goofy stocking.


This is also the first year since 2004 that we are all living in the same state. An old tradition in a new state.



Copyright 2011, ACK, for Generational

No comments:

Post a Comment